Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

Gillette Venus Spa Breeze Razor | Beauty Must-Have

I’m going to just put it out there now: I cannot use disposable razors. Whenever I try I end up looking like I’ve been attacked by an angry porcupine. Cuts everywhere, not pretty. It may be because my mum has always used Venus razors, so you could say I have quite high standards (joking!). Her fancy has most definitely led to my adoration of my first ‘Beauty Must-Have’ product, the Venus Spa Breeze Razor. It was love at first sight… use?

My extra special holiday purchase!
My love affair with this razor goes back quite a while now - since they were released more than a year ago in fact - so you can rest assured knowing that when it comes to talking about how amazing they are, I am not lying!

The razor head is surrounded by two strips of lubricating solid soap like substance, which lathers when it comes into contact with water, meaning you don’t have to use any shaving soap or shower gel, hurrah! This helps it glide over your skin, giving you the smoothest shave of your entire life. If you’re worried about the quality of the shave, don’t! I am yet to find a razor that gives such a close shave, or leaves my skin feeling as silky smooth as this one does, and all without cuts! Another brilliant power of this, the queen of razors, is that it almost negates the use of moisturiser! I VERY rarely bother to moisturise my legs post-shave (a beauty cardinal sin, I know), and have found other razors leave my skin feeling all scaly, but I have never experienced this problem with the Venus Spa Breeze one. And finally, the ‘white tea’ smell. Argh, it just smells so good!

I think this is probably the only beauty product that I have used consistently since first discovering it, and I am a person with major FOMO when it comes to trying new things! You really cannot improve on the perfection that is this razor! I quite honestly miss it if I have to use something different for a couple of weeks. 

Its one flaw is that it is a little on the pricey side, with a pack of eight razor heads costing between £18 and £20, and the original razor with two heads around £10. However, I think it’s a small price to pay for something that is so reliable!


Basically, my review of this product is: almost perfect! If only they did a student friendly one… I hope you enjoyed this slightly different style of post, if you did please feel free to comment below! Have any of you tried this product, or do you think you’ve found one that could rival my personal fave?

No comments:

Post a Comment